Thursday, August 26, 2004

Scary Monsters

Yesterday morning the girls woke up early but cheerful. So after a quick bath, it was time for getting dressed so Daddy could get to work. I came in carrying Cassidy's clothes and she screamed playfully, "Ah, you're going to get me. Scary Monster!" Seemed like a good game to me. So I started making the required growl noises, and marching around in slow motion while waving her little pants and shirt in the air. After a loop of the upstairs the 'pants monster' caught her and successfully got her shirt on. After the release it was on to more growling, giggling and racing around upstairs. Cassidy ran in screaming for Daddy about now, and I thought what a great way to let her know that everything is ok when you're with Daddy, by saying, "Ah, monsters are scared of Daddy's." After running away screaming I ran and hid in Cassidy's big girl bed, fully expecting to be chased by Daddy and Cassidy. So after several minutes of waiting with the covers pulled up over my head, I gave up to see what they were doing. So unfair to have her end the game! By the way, she did get her pants on too!