Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Petty but happy

So I live next to a "Martha Stewart" happy home-maker mother of 3. We swap grocery shopping days, so that we only have one baby with us on the trip. Cassidy loves going to their house as they do things like paint or play with play-dough. Cassidy always throws a fit when it's time to leave. I mean, who wouldn't love a place where you just played with messy stuff all the time?? Yesterday her girls even brought over dress up clothes. Which was actually fun, to see all 3 of the girls looking like princesses. Cassidy had the Cinderella dress, but was quick to yell at the other girls, "I'm not Cinderella, I'm a beautiful princess." Jeremy brought Buddy back from the kennel while the girls were over, and he went to edit some of the Hawaii video in his office, when the girls asked to go in the office. So I let them in, and they saw the hula dancers. Well that was it. Cassidy wanted her hula skirt on, and thankfully we had another hula skirt so the neighbor girls could try it on too. Next thing I know, tulle was flying off, and grass skirts were donned. When their mother came to pick them up, a resounding "No" came from her girls. Woohoo! I know it's cheap, but in way it was a victory in the 'mother-hood' game.