Sunday, May 22, 2005

What does Oprah know?

I remember watching Oprah B.K. (before kids) and so many epsiodes were about women and mothers and at the end of the show, Oprah would sum up so nicely, "Take time for yourself". This week has been pure torture for me. I have had terrible PMS, that set off a bout of depression, Jeremy started his new job so he has been gone more than I'm used too, and I have this quilt for Cassidy's preschool to finish. You know, by June 4th and I had NONE of it done as of Saturday morning. Which started awful as Jeremy was tired and felt he deserved to sleep in, even though I was the one ready for the loony bin on Friday while he was at the Star Wars movie with his team until 6:30. It's moments like these I think of Oprah's advice. When I can't even take the trash out uninterrupted and have an urgent project to finish I'm supposed to 'take time' for myself. What does Oprah know? She's not even married, let alone kids. I mean, she probably follows her own advice, but it's a whole lot easier without kids!