Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Sleep Diaries

I'm noticing a trend in some of the blog entries, since I often feel like writing when the girls mess up thier sleep habits. Instead of calling people and begging for sympathy, I just sort of throw it out in cyber-space so it's out of my system and I can take a nap at some later hour instead of calling folks. LOL. Cassidy is mostly over her cold, but last night Keira decided to get it. She had been fighting off a runny nose all afternoon so it wasn't a huge surprise. We had a nice relaxing evening, both girls down by 6:00 so we could watch the Red Sox win game 3 of the World Series undisturbed. After the game was over is when it all started. Keira woke up around 9:15, stuffy and miserable. Nothing made her happy. Jeremy, who is a kind and loving husband, decided to take her downstairs so I could get some rest. Then around midnight, only a short hour or so after Jeremy got her down, she was up again. I took my chance to be kind and let him sleep. Well, it didn't last long as Cassidy woke up. We swapped kids about 30 minutes later. About 2 hours later when Cassidy was still not asleep and she wanted to go talk to Daddy, I chased her in to our bedroom. Thankfully, he and Keira were asleep. So I managed to get Cassidy back to her bed for a few more minutes before she went and woke up Dad, who put Keira back down and then took Cassidy to bed...again. So a breif 30 minutes later, Keira's up again. Now it's 3:30 am and I've had about 10 minutes off and on since 12:30!! Thankfully, Keira ate and went right backk down. But the noise was enough to have Cassidy up and have a rather loud conversation about drinking water with her Dad. So we all ended up downstairs for a few minutes. I think it was about 30 minutes later before I didn't hear Cassidy make any more noises. And, of course, Keira was up at her normal time this morning, 7:00 on the dot, and Cassidy just wandered down at 8!! It's going to be a long day!