Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Too Busy for Toilet

The title of this blog works for both myself and Cassidy. Now that Keira is crawling all over the place and I am working on getting Cassidy to use the toilet every time it seems that I literally have no free time. You see, I used to think I had no free time, and now that I really have NO free time, I see how lucky I was.

Yesterday Cassidy did a whole day in panties. She's worn them, but with varied success. Seems if she wears pants over the panties, she doesn't feel the need to ask for the toilet. We're working on that. It doesn't happen over night, and if it did, I would be the first to tell you. I really thought she had it yesterday, and then we headed out to Gymboree for a play class with Keira. Half way through as she was talking to me she grabbed her pants. I asked, "Do you need to pee?" A quick shake of the head said "no", but the puddle forming at the base of her feet said otherwise.

So today Cassidy is playing next to Keira, and I need to go. So I decide that while they are busy I should make my break. Well, just 3 seconds after getting seated, Keira starts to cry. Not just a little fuss like, Where did Mommy go?, but the full on wail of, Cassidy just hit/pushed/took away my toy.

So the latest in the Noonan household is: It doesn't matter your age, we are all 'too busy for the toilet'!