Friday, December 31, 2004

Viva Las Vegas! and Paris?

The whole fam headed into the desert to celebrate Christmas. And I mean the WHOLE fam. Jeremy's parents flew out and we all stayed with my parents at their new digs. I was expecting some warmer weather, but it was chilly (my parents claimed it was a dry cold, lol). On the big day my grandpa (the girls great-grandpa), my aunt and my cousin came in too. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone and watching the girls. My parents sent Jeremy and I along with his parents on a helicopter ride into the grand canyon. It was awesome! http://homepage.mac.com/chrisnoonan/PhotoAlbum45.html
That night Jeremy and I headed into town on our own. We started at Bellagio, which was fantastic, then crossed the street to Paris. We decided to grab some dinner, but had to wait 45 minutes for a table. Well, what are you going to do? So we sat down at some nickel slots. We each put in a dollar, but upon realizing you need $2 to bet all the lines, we put in 20's. Well, I doubled up pretty quick, and Jeremy was steadily losing. 5 minutes had passed. So we cashed out and decided to look for something else to do. That's when I saw it. The Tiki Torch slot machine seemed to be calling my name. We walked over, and Jeremy announced it was a penny slot. Oh. We did a walk around, but I thought no, let's play it anyway. $40 in a penny slot. That should kill another 30 minutes. The credits were in, and I hit bet max. That's when something strange happened. Three little pearls lined up, and there were free spins, and the winnings started adding up as I pressed the automatic spin button, and 'coins' started shooting out of the image on the screen. Jeremy announced I had one $10. Wow. But the thing was still spinning it's free spins, and then I had more free spins, and more coins and Jeremy is laughing in my ear. I hear him say, "$1, $10, $2, $10" He's reading off the winnings from all the lines that won. The next thing I know, we're looking at the winnings count, which is much higher than my credits remaining. In fact, it says over $100. But it's still spinning. I'm just laughing at this point. There was well over $300 by the time it was done. Jeremy asked, "You want to cash out?" I wanted to, but I had only pushed 2 buttons! I made a couple more spins because I felt like I should. And cashed out with $321.50. Not bad for penny slots! We then headed to the gift store, got me a t-shirt, and had a fabulous dinner and still had plenty left over. So if you ever make it to Las Vegas, head to the Paris and find my penny Tiki Torch slots machine. It needs some more deposits for my next trip out!