Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy Birthday Keira!

Keira turned one today, but without much ado. We are recovering from colds, and I have it the worst. So no cake, no ice cream, just a rousing hoarse chorus of Happy Birthday at breakfast this morning. Jeremy determined that we should celebrate this weekend when all are feeling better. The big news is that Cassidy started preschool on Monday. When I walked her into the classroom, the teacher prompted Cassidy to say "Goodbye to mommy". Cassidy waved at me and turned her back without looking back. What a trooper! The weather has turned quite cold and her first day we didn't send her with her thick jacket. I wasn't too worried until I was in the parent orientation and found out that they head outside to play, a quick look at my watch and I realized she had been playing outside for 30 minutes. uh-oh. Bu the time I got out of the meeting, it had been 45 minutes in the 30 something day. She was a little ice-pop!! Today she had her jacket and was much happier.