Thursday, December 22, 2005

What happened to Christmas?!

There are 2.25 days until Christmas. So far, I have presents for the girls, Jeremy, his Dad, and my Dad at the right place. Everyone else... well I have some of them done. And Ashley's birthday present from November is waiting with them. My Christmas cards are mostly addressed and stamped, and even have a letter on the year's happenings in them, and still sitting on the desk. What happened to Christmas? When I was a kid (or dare I say, before I had kids), I had to shop for gifts, but it was a fun outing. One whirlwind trip to the mall, and then the joy of wrapping. Then all I had to do was kick back and wait for the big day. Team Noonan has been ill since Thanksgiving. Umpteen colds and coughs, one nasty bout of intenstinal bother that would take out one member at a time, and an "it couldn't be pink eye". Which it thankfully wasn't. Then fitting in taking a new job, finding child care, and getting through daily life, and here it is with maybe 36 shopping hours left. If I had it my way, I think I would postpone for an extra week, or at least another 48 hours. Although I would settle for free Fed-Ex on an internet purchase.