Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Yawn

Well, Keira has a cold. *groan* It didn't hit until close to midnight, so at least I had a few hours of sleep before the crying started. Jeremy had been up playing in an on-line poker tournament so he missed out on those precious hours. (Even with a screaming baby distracting his play he placed in the money.) Thankfully, he decided to let me sleep (although it's hard to get good sleep when there is a baby screaming in the house) since he was already up. I took the 5 am shift and got her relaxed and ready for sleep, but she just couldn't drop off. So after an hour of trying to get her to sleep, I passed her off to Jeremy again. The only interesting thing about all this is how I noticed that in the middle of the night when the baby is crying is the best time to go-off on your spouse. For example, when you offer some useful advice on ways to stop baby from crying, you might hear, "Why don't you stay up with her for 3 hours then?" Or perhaps after the baby has decided to use her new teeth and refused to stop crying even though her eyes are closed you might hear, "Here's YOUR baby. Why do they need pacifiers anyway?" Now that Keira is peacefully snoring away and Cassidy is reading books in her bed, life seems a little more rational. I would like to apologize to Jeremy for snipping at him in the middle of the morning. And I'm sure he didn't mean to snip at me either. ;)