Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Cassidy Soup for the Soul

I have been feeling a bit down lately, so today I decided I should make some chicken noodle soup. Not from a can, but from the odds and ends of chicken and veggies and stuff I had lying around the fridge. I enlisted the help of Cassidy since Keira was taking a nap. Now it's not so much that I needed her help, but that if I don't have her helping, she's more hurting the process. So I started by chopping up some onion and putting it into the pot. Well, Cassidy thought that was pretty cool. So I chopped celery and carrot, put it into a bowl and then she added them to the pot. Everytime we added a new ingredient I would ask her what was in the soup now. She always knew, and never even forgot the garlic which you couldn't really see. She helped me shred the chicken too, although she ate more than she shred, and finally helped me add pasta. Then I decided we needed hearty bread to go with our soup. So we headed out and got a nice loaf from the bread store (and some scones I can't wait to try). When Daddy got home, Cassidy was happy to tell him about making "Cassidy Soup". She had already told me she didn't like chicken noodle, but she readily attempted to eat her "Cassidy Soup". Well, it's a good thing she had eaten all the chicken earlier. Although Keira happily finished Cassidy's bowl, plus part of my bowl, and a slice of bread!