Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Happy Meals

Okay, this is like the 20th blog that mentions McDonald's. I'm not sure what it is, but McDonald's causes Cassidy to say/do the funniest things. I was never the all organic type of Mom, and I don't think I'm too bad when it comes to fast food. Really, whatever it is they put in the food there makes my daughter funny. Look into that FDA! So here it is, the story of the Happy Meal.

We had Keira's 1st year doctor visit today, and after we wanted to run to Target to get Cassidy some slippers for her preschool class (no shoes inside the classroom). So we decided to swing by McDonald's on the way there. Jeremy places the order, "A number 5 meal with diet coke. Chicken Selects. And a Happy Meal with chicken and apple juice." Seems easy enough. Some questions about whether the toy was for a boy or girl, and we were off. As we cruise towards Target Cassidy calls from the backseat, "Mommy, you are having a Mean Meal and Daddy you are having a Sad Meal." Excuse me? Did she just say that? Jeremy, "Is that because you're having a Happy Meal?" "Uh-huh." So beware consumer, only one 'Happy' meal per car. Although I think I like the Mean Meal better than the Sad Meal.