Sunday, February 20, 2005

Keira meet ... Kira

Today we headed out to "Pump it Up" for a 3 yr olds birthday party from Cassidy's classroom. They have giant inflatable toys, like a 30 foot slide and obstacle courses. It was mostly kids from El Salon Rojo. So we finally got to meet some of the kids that we have been hearing about and also their families. Cassidy jumped right in to things and Keira was quick to follow. She went down the huge slide with Jeremy and had a blast. That encouraged another couple with their baby to take her down the slide. She wasn't as impressed. We made some chit-chat and went back to our respective children when I heard a familiar sound. I stopped, and thought, "No. That couldn't be." So I went over and asked them, "What's your daughter's name?" "Kira" (I know because the next thing I asked was how do you spell it.) I then told them that we had a Keira too. What are the odds on that one? So not quite as identical as the other Cassidy. Spelling variation and it seems that they are about 3 weeks apart in age, not just a couple of days. Jan. 4th for ours and Jan. 26th for theirs. It does seem a little odd to keep running into ourselves out here though.