Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Why I hate parenting magazines

Robyn, a mother of two in Redmond, WA (Cassidy almost 3 and Keira 13 months), is having a rough day with the kids. It started when she woke up tired, continued through fussing baby at grocery store, middled in construction traffic picking up preschooler and had almost ended with both kids screaming their heads off while Daddy is 30 minutes late leaving work. A few suggestions for this mother at wits end to finish her day on a better note. 1) Call a girlfriend and hit the town. 2) Recharge by taking a bath...alone. or 3) Write a saracastic blog and hope to vent some steam.
Option 1. Thanks for the reminder that I don't have any girlfriends since we've moved across the country. I was feeling tired and slightly depressed before, and now I am feeling even worse b/c I haven't made the time to make some girlfriends. I have met people, but no one that I can call and say let's go out now, or for that matter, that I would want to hang out with.
Option 2. Started the water at a nice hot temperature. No babies getting in here. Considered putting on jets, but realized that would require remvoing the bath crayon from one of the jets and cleaning the tub better. Pulled out some nice chocolates. Got in and turned off the water. *aahhhh* No that wasn't my sighing at the heat loosening my muscles, that was the sound of Cassidy screaming at her Dad. Oh, and is that Keira chiming in too. Yes. Dig in to the chocolates. Nice Belgian chocolates, no 3 Musketeers tonight. Although by the time I'm done, I would have been better off with one 3 Musketeers instead of eating the ENTIRE set of Belgian chocolates. Do I hear the dog getting yelled at too? Something about him peeing in the house. So much for recharging!
Option 3. Sarcastic, check. Vented, check.