Thursday, February 10, 2005

Look at me, I'm a scary goat!

Sorry blogging has been sparse as of late. It's mostly because I've been feeling down and don't feel like doing anything. Thankfully, or not, because of the girls I still have to do things, like get out of bed in the morning. We've had almost a week of sunshine, and so guilt has forced me on walks and to draw with chalk. I know, sounds terrible. Keira seems to be a snuggle bunny. She loves to cuddle and to shower me with kisses, and when I say shower it does get you that wet. She comes at you with an open mouth and a big ol' grin. Slobbers on you for a brief second and then pulls away to laugh. It's making Cassidy more snuggly as she's jealous that Keira is sitting in my lap or slobbering on me. Today, Cassidy tried 'quiet time' and it actually worked! We used a kitchen timer, and I told her it would beep when quiet time was over, and sure enough she stayed in her bed and played quietly the entire time. Woohoo! Keira on the other hand, is transitioning to one nap a day, and so today she decided to forget about the afternoon nap. So instead of a quiet 30 minutes, I got screaming, checking on the baby every few minutes. Figures. We had a nice dinner as a family tonight as Jeremy ducked out of work early. Then bath time and time to play. Cassidy loves to pretend that she's whatever is on her hooded towel. So she'll buzz, or ribbit, or hop around for awhile. Tonight after she did that, she waved her arms around with the towel flowing behind and said, "Look at me, I'm a scary goat" Jeremy got it, and corrected her. "You're a ghoST?" "Yeah, ghost. Woooo." Watch out, I have an idea for next Halloween!