Sunday, March 06, 2005

A day off!

Somewhere in the last 3 years I completely lost my mind. So is it a surprise that I volunteered to make a quilt for Cassidy's preschool class when I've barely made a wall hanging quilt? I guess not. Well, it sounded like fun at the time, and hey, a way for me to do something that I WANT to do without having guilt. *sigh* It sounded so good, until I got a timetable, and realized that the end product would be auctioned off at the end of the year to highest bidder. WHAT??!! Not just some fun stuff for the kids to play on. Now given, the teacher keeps saying, "Don't worry, you'll have pleny of help." and "Don't worry, it will look good." Of course, I always feel like our preschool teacher would be cursing and starting fights if I got her drunk enough. She's just sooo nice and sooo sweet that I feel like she must curse like a sailor at home. Ok, where am I going with this? To quilting class. I decided to sign up for a quilting class to make sure I got my skills up before making the quilt that will go in someone elses home (unless I can convince Jeremy to outbid all the other parents). So today I was out of the house for 4 hours straight!! Four hours. Not once did anyone cry during the class, even when their bobbin thread broke. No one needed their diaper changed or asked for a snack. When I got home, Jeremy detailed some of the drama of the afternoon (Cassidy peeing in the living room, Keira fussing, the girls fighting over a toy). I smiled, knowing that this is how it is just about everyday. I'm so thankful that it's two part class and will have a day off next weekend too!