Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Enjoying the last of the sunshine

I know, spring is here, or on it's way. But it seems we have our weather a little backwards here in the Pacific Northwest. We've been having gorgeous sunny mid 60's days with today hitting 72. Not typical weather for this time of year. Yesterday we had an impromptu block party when a bunch of the neighbors gathered to play on our basketball hoop and with the plum tree blossoms. The neighbor girls and Cassidy loved pretending it was snow falling on them. Why didn't I think to grab a camera? Then today, Keira and I headed to the bookstore for story time, and walked over to do some kids clothes shopping. Finally we picked up Cassidy and then Daddy to have lunch together. Both girls took a nap when we got home. Woohoo! So I worked on the preschool quilt a bit. (I was nervous that the squares would look too busy, but I think it's going to look good.) Then it was back outside to play until Daddy got home. The clouds started rolling in, but the weather was still warm. We are expecting rain tonight and for the rest of the week, but it's hard to believe after the weeks of sun we've had.