Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Healthy Kids

I have to say I'm very thankful to have healthy kids. Cassidy had one very high fever when she was 3 months old (after getting her shots), but that was it. Keira had some trouble breathing the night she was born. Well, she was fine, but it LOOKED like she was having trouble. The worst they've ever been is when we had the "plague" that Nana Noonan left us. Sorry, Nana. But in all, that's it. Some sniffles and such, but no 102+ fevers in the middle of the night, no vomitting for days. Knocking on every piece of wood I can find. But then something happened at Cassidy's 3 year visit. Her blood pressure in one arm was higher than the other. So the doctor said she would call a cardiologist and see what they had to say and get back to us. So this weekend, while I was out, they called to book an appt to remeasure her blood pressure and discuss what it meant. **FEAR** Suddenly I felt concerned about all the McDonald's she's had (you all have read my previous blogs, you know we keep them in business!). When we went back in, her blood pressures came back the same in both arms, and everything sounded good. The doctor said she is now very confident that she doesn't have a heart problem, and we will check again next week to make absolutely sure. Today Keira had a slight fever. I'll take that over open heart surgery any day.