Tuesday, March 22, 2005

How to deal with your 3 year old

I've read many articles in parents magazines about taking time for yourself. How Moms will resort to things like locking themselves in the bathroom to get a few minutes to themselves, while their toddler is outside banging on door. I knew I would never resort to that, as part of our potty training we have always left doors open. But as Cassidy has become more...of a 3 year old, well, I have found myself locking myself in the bathroom, but with the laptop. In 3 minutes I can check email, read an article or a blog. Then it hits me. When you work outside the home, and you're having a bad day, you can tell everyone, "I have a headache, please contact me by e-mail only today." So I would like to start communicating with Cassidy via e-mail. That way when she wants something I would just get a nice note, "Mommy, I would like some milk". No whining, no asking half way being distracted by a toy and then finishing the thought after I've left the room. And if I say no to a request, and the fussing begins, the email would pop up "Maawwwmmiiee! I want that!" And quickly I could change my status and her email would pop up "I'm currently away from my computer now. If you are in need of immediate assistance please contact Daddy."